Research shows that North American businesses lose about $12 billion each year due to stress related disorders.
- High levels of work-related stress result in lower levels of performance and commitment from employees.
- Illnesses resulting from stress lead to increased rates of absenteeism.
- Workplace injuries can increase as stressed workers may lack the concentration and alertness necessary for safety.
- In Canada and the US, employees are now taking more stress-leave absences from work that ever before.
- Lack of trust among regional and district managers blocks communication, reduces team effectiveness, and impacts customer service.
How does Yoga help increase manager and employee effectiveness?
Yoga is not only a physical activity but also a meditation, which can increase strength, flexibility and body awareness, boost immunity, develop concentration and mental focus, and reduce stress. Because yoga teaches relaxation and life skills for managing stress, it helps managers and employees improve performance on the job and in customer relations; because it boosts immunity, it helps reduce absenteeism due to illness. Moreover, yoga is a practice that can be sustained into old age, with cumulative benefits; it is a non-competitive, portable, low-cost activity that appeals to many people who do not enjoy other forms of sport.
Does this sound like a program you would like for your organization? Email me today at email@example.com to receive a free newsletter about my three-day Corporate Trust and Team-Building Workshop that uses values clarification, communication strategies, yoga and relaxation techniques to build trust and unblock relationship patterns in your organization.
If you want a free newsletter with pictures of ten minutes of yoga you can do in the office in business clothes to ease tension in your back and neck from computer work, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My 4 levels of yga DVDs to support your practice at home or on vacations or business trips out of town are available at Banyen Books in Vancouver, at the Sivanada Yoga Vedanta Centre Vancouver, and through my website at www.merumountainyoga.com.
I teach yoga classes in Burnaby on Wednesdays 8:15-9:15 pm near Lougheed and Gilmore and in Vancouver on Tuesdays 8-9:30 pm, Thursdays 4:30-6:00 pm, Fridays 1:45-3:15 pm and Sundays 10:30 am-noon at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre Vancouver, 2010 East 48th Avenue at Victoria www.sivanandavancouver.com. Email me for details.
Enjoy my blog!